Tuesday, 9 July 2013

I haven't stopped blogging I'm only on holiday

So for the past week I have been soaking up the sun in Lanzarote. I have been here for 9 days now and no day has been the same. I am not sunburnt which is great as there is nothing worse than being painfully sunburnt on holiday and going on tourist buses seeing the sights. There are plenty of lobster legs and panda eyes at this hotel because no one seems to wear sun cream.

I am staying in an all inclusive hotel and have to wear an armband to say this and to get free food and drink. The only downside about the armband is that it is a bit of a pain. It feels like you have a hair bobble on permanently that you can't remove. I did try to put it on loose before the receptionist put it on too tight but she got to the armband before I did and fastened it a little too tight for it to be slipped off my wrist. 

I have discovered there are plenty of people in this hotel who don't leave and sit around the pool for two weeks. Not sure if I could cope doing that as I like to explore the area around the hotel as well as the hotel. So far I have seen some really pretty beaches and blue sea, caves - which were pretty scary, Caesar M's house, and lots of other cool stuff on the Island. There are lots of markets to attend and they are pretty good fun to go around and haggle with the sellers. I did see a leather Hermes Paris bag in the market for €80 and the seller then lowered his price to €50. I still thought this was expensive for a fake handbag bought from a market so I left it where it was. Little did I know that the real thing costs £14,000. How can a handbag be so much?

We have a hire car so getting around is pretty easy, but if you don't have one there are plenty of buses and taxis to take. I haven't figured out the road system yet and I don't think I will before I leave, especially the roundabouts.

Have you ever been to Lanzarote? Can you recommend any places for me to visit whilst I am here for the next four days. 

I am missing blogging everyday and taking snaps. I promise I will get back to normal when I return to the uk. 

Ps sorry there are no pictures, the hotel wifi can't handle them. 


4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fab holiday! New follower here :) xx

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good new because I just found your blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower!
    Jennifer

    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey :) Thanks I am back to blogging everyday now.

      xxxx

      Delete