Friday, 16 August 2013

Benefit make over

A few weeks ago I purchased 2 Benefit items - a facial polish and Porefessional. I kept the facial polish and returned the Porefessional as it wasn't suitable. During this visit I was invited to come back for a make over on any day of my choice. I scheduled it for last Thursday but I wasn't in central London on that day so I scheduled it for yesterday instead. I just turned up and was told to sit in the seat. The girl didn't ask my name or what time my appointment was.

She did ask what products I purchased when I was there last and what I thought of them. After that she asked what kind of make up do I wear. The answer to that is errr... nothing. When I wear it I end up scratching it off and it smudging plus I don't really know how to wear it. She advised, that as I have such pale skin, I wear subtle make up. I was happy with this as I did not want to look like a clown. 

During the make over she had to stop to serve other customers, but this was cool as I got to look at the other products on the Benefit counter. During the make over - 



She chose a range of products to put on my face - see image below and I will try and remember what she said about them. 


She started my make over with the total moisture - this felt amazing on my face as it was cooling and didn't feel oily at all RRP £27 she applied this to the back of her hand with a cotton bud and then used little white sponges to apply it too my face. This felt good as she wasn't using her hands to apply the moisturiser, I've never applied moisturiser in that way before and it seemed to help the moisturiser soak into my skin. She applied half of the moisturiser to my face and I could see the difference it made straight away. 

After the moisturiser was applied she used the Porefessional on my nose she placed this on the back of her hand and then used, what seemed like a thick paint brush, to paint it onto my nose. After this was applied she placed the Hello Flawless Ivory Foundation to my face with a similar thick paint brush. 

Then she applied some primer, which she said could also be used as a concealer - not sure why it isn't in the picture - to my eye lids. Then applied 3 different shades of eye shadow to my eye lids placing the lightest one closest to my nose then the darkest one on the outside. She then applied the eye liner to my eye lids but only from the middle of my eyes to the outside. She smudged this in using the smudged at the other end of the eye liner pencil. She said brown eye liner is better for my skin than a black one as it would be too dark for my skin tones. Also I should use a pencil not a gel. After the eye shadow and eye liner was applied, she applied the mascara. This mascara really did make my eye lashes look really long, but that may have been because I don't really wear mascara. They did make my eyes look sparkly. 

Then finally she finished my look off with the blusher. I really liked the tones of this blusher as it was subtle and my cheeks didn't look too pink. 


 Then the finished look, I took about 50 photos of me before I got this one as I wanted to show off the lovely colours and tones. I did upload a non smiley photo to Twitter but Beth said smiley one please. So I did as I was told. 


I took this one as soon as I got to work, but the camera quality on my phone isn't that great when you switch from back to front. 



What do you think of my Benefit make over? Would you go get one? Do you have any Benefit products that you recommend?




6 comments:

  1. You makeover looks lovely! My friends swear by benefit.

    Also we have a very similar name! Well, same name but different spelling. Never met another Loriley!

    Loriley x

    lorileysesh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, wow that's cool that you have a similar name. I used to go to school with someone called Lori, but I've never met a Lorilee. I shall take a look at your blog in a sec.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. You look really lovely, sort of like your usual self but a bit more apmlified, if that makes sense! I once had a make over done at a No7 counter and I didn't even look like myself afterwards, it was really weird! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely. I know what you mean. I really want some blush now after this make over. I think I'd like to have it done again.

      xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey! Great post :) I've nominated you for the Liebster Award because I think you have a fantastic blog and deserve more followers! You can check the post out on my blog- http://bit.ly/1dji0fx

    Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rubbish at getting back to things like this, but I am now adding this to my blogger app and shall fill it in, in a sec. sorry for the delay. xxx

      Delete