I have seen this blog post doing the rounds on the social networks and I wanted to know how to get involved, just because simply I love to be involved in everything. Come on who doesn't? I'm not really sure how many items are meant to be on my bucket list as I've never written one before. I have thought about things I would like to do, but have never really put pen to paper. So I guess here goes. Let's begin!
1. Visit Australia and go on the Neighbours Tour - I have watched the soap Neighbours since as long as I can remember it used to be on the TV when I got in from school, then college and university. Now that I have a full time job I can't watch it as much as I'd like so I dip in and out of it when I can. But to me Australia seems a place I would love to visit. It's beautiful beaches, wonderful wildlife and amazing cities. There are 2 things preventing from doing this is one the long flight and two my career is preventing me from taking the leap and visiting Australia, I wish I had done the gap year after uni and gone travelling like a lot of my other friends have done. It would mean everything to take this trip as I love taking photographs and discovering new places. If I were to go I would like to spend a long time here no annual holidays from work will cover this. I would like to go there for 6 months or so to fully discover Australia.
2. Record more videos for my YouTube channel - I really love watching other people's YouTube videos and could sit for hours lost in the wonderful world of YouTube playing one video after another. I am prevented from recording more videos as I am not so confident in front of the camera and burst into giggles. I would also like to be more confident when recording videos as gaining camera confidence would make me feel a sense of accomplishment and my beauty videos would be more interesting and engaging.
3. Own my own home - I guess this isn't on everyone's bucket list and its hardly exciting, but buying your own home is a big step. I love the idea of having a space you can call your own and decorate it to my tastes. I am prevented by finding the right place in the right area, what if you buy in an area you hate and don't get along with the neighbours. Have a garden and plant plants - as I grew up in the country I like being in open spaces and getting my hands dirty. I could do gardening all day long as long as I wear suncream. I like watching things grow and admire their beauty. My favourite plant is the one below, although I cannot remember its name. I bought these 2 bulbs on holiday In Amsterdam, they have flowered once and that is it. I am prevented from having a garden because I don't own my own home or have a garden with the flat I am in as it's not on the ground floor.
4. Own a Ford Ka - since I was a teenager I had dreamt of owning one of these cars. When I passed my driving test and got a car I chose a Vauxhaul Corsa rather than a Ka. I love my little car but I would love to own a Ka as it's small and can fit in tiny spaces. I like the shape and design of it. I am prevented from owning a Ka as I live in London and take the train and walk everywhere. Plus where am I going to park a car in central London?
5. Holiday in LA and California - like my first bucket list item, visit here is purely because of TV shows I have watched. It looks beautiful from the TV and to me it is a bit like New York. There is always something to do and see. As I live in London I want to live somewhere with a beach where you can escape the city. I hear you say NYC doesn't have a beach, but have you been to Coney Island? It's beautiful and there is a beach there. Another reason why I want to go there is simply because I have never been there before. I am prevented from taking this trip by lack of holiday time off work. If I had my way I would only work for the time allowed on holiday at the moment and then holiday for the rest of the year.
Here are my 5 bucket list items, I know my bucket list isn't as action packed or exciting as others I have seen, but these are things I would like to do rather than fill a list of things I think I should do. I am not one for heights, which is why there is no bungee jumping or tightrope walking here.
Get involved in the bucket list, write your own post and see what it is you would like to do. You can enter the competition by visiting
Have you written a bucket list or joined in on this competition?
Closing date for entries is 2nd August 2013
If you have entered pleas elevate me your links below so I can see your posts.