Thursday, 17 October 2013

Beauty Haul

Recently I have been popping into Poundland looking at their beauty section. I read on twitter or on a beauty blog that they stock branded make up which are end of the line or if they are rebranding. Since finding this out, I have seen Stila, Revlon, Barry M, Maybelline, Collection 2000 and Rimmel.

On one of my many trips I picked up these Revlon nail polishes the first two I bought were 340 Stunning and 610 charismatic. I then purchased 185 Sweet Tart from Brighton Poundland. 



I love the brightness of Sweet Tart it is a real Barbie colour. I also love charismatic. I can top both of these off with stunning and it works like a topcoat. 


I posted on Instagram a few weeks ago an image of this nail polish and toothpaste. I got this luminous red by Nails Inc free when I bought this whitening toothpaste for £3.99. 


I love the pigment of the luminous red and it is a very Christmassy colour. The other colours in this image are Charismatic, Stunning and Sweet Tart, the picture does not do justic to how nice these colours are. 


I picked this up from Poundland as I saw it on BlogBeth's blog and wanted to see what it does. I picked up shimmering sand as it looked like it was the lightest colour. There was 002 which I think was darker so I didn't buy that.  It leaves a lovely shimmer on your skin, I tested it on the back of my hand. I am not too sure if I am supposed to use this as a foundation or do you place it under your eyes. 


I then went to Pound World and picked this lipstick up as I don't own any red lipsticks I wanted to see what it would look like on my face. 


I tested it on my hand and it came out more orange than red, so I may have to investigate some different brands as I want a really pigmented red. 


Whilst in Pound World I finally got my hands on one of the dupe Tangle Teasers. The Tangle Attack. I love the design of this as it has a little case that protects the bristles.


Also the way it is designed allows you to put hair bobbles around the middle. This also helps keep the case on. I will do a review on this Tangle Attack once I have used it for a week to give a good review. 


Then I moved on to Savers and picked up this bubble bath.


What beauty products have you found at Poundland or any other Pound shops?


4 comments:

  1. For the Rimmel shimmering sands, I use it as a highlight but it can also be used on the eyes as a cream shadow :-)

    Megan x

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, thank you for your help, I will try it the way you suggest

      Lorilee
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like the look of Revlon Charismatic. Looks like you got some fab bargains as well!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the Revlon colours I have found, it makes me want to visit Poundland every day

      Lorilee
      xxx

      Delete