Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Afternoon Tea - is it your cup of tea?

Back in 2010 I went for Afternoon Tea at Palm Court at Park Lane Hotel, not too sure it was called this when I went, for my friend's engagement party.  I had a really nice time there, with fancy sandwiches and a really cool pot of tea.

These are my photos below (the quality of the photos isn't that great as it wasn't a well lit room)

I cannot remember the order this came in, it was 3 years ago. 




I ordered jasmine tea and it came in this cool tea pot 


Freshly made scones in a napkin keeping warm


2 types of Jam, whilst writing this post it is making me extremely hungry. 


More fancy cakes, I could have gobbled all of these up, but alas we had to share 




my friend's tea came in the small silver pot, my boyfriend's tea in the large silver tea pot and then mine in the glass tea pot. 



Us after our lovely afternoon tea at the Park Lane Hotel. I liked that my friend had her engagement party in here, it was a really lovely experience. 


Having remembered my lovely trip to the Park Lane Hotel. I have researched a few of the afternoon tea options in London and most of them are really expensive with a strict dress code.

Fortnum and Mason more information found here from £40




The Ritz from £45

The Cadogan from £33

The Savoy from £26
Palm Court from £40
Claridges from £50


The Berkley from £39 the afternoon tea looks interesting here with their fashion tea



The Telegraph have reviewed London's best afternoon teas - if you want to take a look of their reviews it can be found here

**Pictures from the list of Afternoon tea locations are from the websites. These are not my photos I have linked where they are from. 





     

2 comments:

  1. I love afternoon tea - it's a great excuse to dress up and eat lots of wonderful little goodies! Looks amazing, I must book myself in for tea before Christmas :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, a great excuse. Plus you get to take photos too. hope there is a post on your trip for afternoon tea.
      xxx

      Delete