Monday, 9 December 2013

Buying a Camera Lens

I bought my Canon 550D on holiday in Fuerteventura and have been using the lens that came with it for nearly a year. I discovered some of my friends in work have similar Canon cameras and you can inter change the lenses between models, which is great! One friend lent me a pancake lens and the other a Prime lens. 



I want to purchase a lens for my camera and I cannot decide which one to get, I am swaying more towards The Pancake Lens.




 Although I do want a The Prime Lens as well. I know  I don't want a telephoto lens as they are massive, I'm all about the macro. 

I used a prime lens first and was really impressed with the quality and style of the images this lens produced. I used it to take the photos of my South Bank Post found here



After taking the Prime lens for a spin I took my other friend's pancake lens out and at first I didn't like this lens purely because it was different from the Prime lens and it took me a good few photos to get used to it's capabilities. The photos I took with the pancake lens were when I went to Borough Market and that post can be found here



I love the depth of field the pancake lens gives, which is why I am swaying more towards that than the prime lens. 


What camera lenses do you have and are there lenses that I should investigate as well as the two listed above? 



     


2 comments:

  1. Ugh I had so many camera lens issues! I was swapping and returning them all over the place! I have a Lumix Panasonic. The lens I have now takes quite good photos but I do get camera envy when I go out with my blogger friends!

    Perhaps I'll treat myself to a new camera on my blog's 1 year anniversary!!

    Love your blog by the way :)

    Caroline
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luckily work in a techy industry and some of my friends in work have the same camera so I road tested their lenses before I bought. I am so pleased with my lens I have. I get camera envy when I see people with smaller cameras and I have my massive camera, but the photos I take with it are worth it.

      You should definitely get one, it's worth it.

      Thank you xxx

      Delete