Thursday, 23 January 2014

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review

Back in November I signed up to a blogger secret Santa and the lovely Gemma bought me lots of goodies. One of the goodies she bought me was this much wanted Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. I had seen it on nearly every beauty bloggers blog and longed to try it, but couldn't justify playing £5 something for it. 




Today I got it out of my secret Santa box and gave it a whirl. Before applying this Bubblegum Lip Scrub I had just applied 4 different lip sticks for a lip stick post coming soon so my lips were slightly stained from the different shades of red. The tub doesn't really say how to apply it, just scrub and buff your lips to softness. I dunked my finger into the pot, admittedly getting way too much lip scrub out and it dropping all over my bed. Note to self do this over a skin as the sugar goes everywhere. 


And I made circle motions on my lips then left it there for about 5 minutes and licked it off. It tastes like how I imagine all Lush products to taste if you could eat them. 


I don't think it tastes very nice with the other lipsticks I applied before hand. Next time I try it I will only apply the lip scrub and nothing before hand. But dipping my finger in the pot and tasting it, it was very nice although I don't think your supposed to do that. 

It did make my lips feel soft when I applied it, but they went dry again after a few hours. Maybe I am meant to apply it more than once in a day. Any help on how to use this product? 

Have you ever tried this before? What did you think?


     


4 comments:

  1. I think this is an amazing, fun product and it makes the lips so soft, and for me it's the best flavor in the range :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have the popcorn one, but I am reluctant to try it as anything popcorn flavoured doesn't sound great to me. I love this one though you are right.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. I also have this lip scrub, not my favorite taste either! You need to apply lip balm afterwards, because you just rubbed your lips all down, just like with a face scrub :) I don't ever let it sit like you did, maybe I should try that. Don't know if it will make a difference?

    I always wash it off, don't really like the thoughts of eating dead "skin" ;)

    http://tanjamortensen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall apply lip balm afterwards. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but other bloggers said it had.

      I hadn't thought about it like that, ewww

      xxx

      Delete