Saturday, 22 February 2014

Face of the day - first attempt.

This is my first attempt at a face of the day. I don't usually wear make up and this post may show you why - I look like a clown.



I have just noticed, whilst choosing this picture, that I have a lot of foundation at the top of my forehead. I am sure it's not supposed to be like this so I will need to work on my foundation application. I did apply it with my fingers not a fancy make up brush from Real Techniques.

Ready, set, GO!

I have all my products ready to go, let's see what I did.


How I achieved my look - 


Let's begin, I exfoliated my skin first using the Elemis facial scrub that smells rather sweet and almondy. To apply this I used my new exfoliating pad. 


Once I had thoroughly exfoliated my face I rinsed it and patted it dry. I then applied some moisturiser from Simple and then applied La Roche-Posay. Using a make up wedge to apply the Simple and my fingers to apply the La Roche-Posey. 

I picked up the La Roche-Posey sample from a friendly make up assistant in Montrèal. She commented on how red and dry my skin was and the next thing I knew I was sitting in a swivel chair taking my coat off having different lotions and potions applied to my face. She insisted on giving me a facial as the weather outside, in Montrèal, was terrible. 


Once I had exfoliated and moisturised my face I then began to apply my foundation. I got my foundation from Louise in her giveaway. This is a sample size and I am happy it is as I am not too sure that the ivory shade is ivory enough for my skin as I look a little orange wearing it. I then applied some Hervana from Benefit. I received this from my mum at Christmas and this is the first time I have used it.

It smells amazing and is easily applied. It gives my cheeks a rosy glow so I am definitely pleased with this gift. 


Then for my eyes, not sure I am doing this in the correct order, I applied my shimmer cubes from The Body Shop. Using the darkest one under my lower lashes and around the base of my upper eye lid. I then used the lightest eyeshadow in the corner of my eye closet to my nose and the next shade up in the he centre of my eye lid and the darker shade on the rim. 

I then applied some scandal eyes mascara that I was recently given by Rimmel. This came out rather gloopy on the wand and I am not sure it was supposed to do that. My boyfriend said my eye lashes look like spiders after applying this, so I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but I think my eyes look sparkly. I then applied a small amount of eyeliner to the lower lid. I am not sure what their actual name is, but I hope you know where I mean.


Then lastly I applied this beautiful deep sparkly lip stick from Rimmel. I think it may be a little too dakrf or my lips but I love it so I think I'll keep rocking it for the time being. 


Here are the products I used in more detail and their actual names. Well the important make up bits. 

What's on my face 

1. Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara - 003 extreme black 
2. Benefit Hello Flawless - ivory 
3. Body Shop Shimmer Cubes - honeycomb, dark chocolate, marshmallow, chocolate chip. 
4. Rimmel Lipstick - 062 Desirable 
5. Benefit blusher - Hervana heavenly rose and berry delight. 
6. Rimmel Scandal eyes eyeliner - 001 Black 



My face again so you don't have to scroll up to see it. 


What do you think of my look? Have I applied too much make up to my face or have I used the wrong colours? I also want to get my eyebrows shaped and then get an eye brown pencil, but I'm not sure if that is going to be a bit too much. What do you think? Anyone have any suggestions? 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment