If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I've been in Montreal during most of February and it is the first time I have been on a long haul flight with hold luggage in a long time. I usually go on holiday with hand luggage because I am too cheap to pay for hold luggage. This time my airline, Air Canada, provide me with 1 free piece of hold luggage, so I took them up on their offer of 23Kgs.
Some of the items I packed for the long flight.
I packed my hand luggage bearing in mind that I was going on a7 hour flight. I knew I woukd have a TV screen in front of me to keep me occupied, but I also want to keep certain things in my hand luggage as I am separated from my hold luggage once I checked it in.
The bag I used for my hand luggage was my North Face rucksack my Dad gave me.
What I packed in my hand luggage -
- iPad because I wanted to be able to use the blogger app and write lots and lots of posts whilst I am waiting in the airport or sitting on the plane.
- My camera - Canon 550d. I love my camera and want to take lots and lots of pictures to document my journey whilst I am out there.
- Camera lens - my boyfriend bought me a prime lens for my birthday and love it. So this will definitely came with me. Also Camera lens pen - I hate having a dirty lens. There is nothing more worse than seeing a large finer print on your lens. I have lens filters on my lenses to stop getting dust on them and also to stop them getting scratched.
- A snack because I know I will get hungry. But having said this the flight attendants kept me well fed throughout the journey.
- My charging box that allows me to charge my iPad and iPhone, if I so happen to run out of juice. My dad bought me this from America when he last visited.
- My hard drive so I can store all my thousands of pictures I will take over my holiday.
- My Passport - this should have been number 1, but I thought my iPad was more important - even though that won't get me out of the country.
- A tooth brush to clean your teeth having been on the plane for such a long time, toothpaste with this brush could be a handy addtion.
- A neck pillow and eye mask.
- Lip balm there is nothing worse than being on a flight with dry lips. I need to have a lip balm in a bag or a pocket at all times because I hate having dry lips. Plane air will dry your lips out so you have to look after them.
- My iPad card reader adaptor. This little gadget is by far the best iPad gadget I own as I can just hook up my card reader and then copy my photos over to my iPad and look at them on a large screen.
So having packed all this stuff for my flight out there I got on the plane and fell straight asleep having woken up at 6am to make it to the airport on time. I woke up only for food and fell straight back to sleep after this. I didn't watch anything on my screen other than looking at the map when I got close to Canada.
What do you take on a long haul flight? Do you sleep or stay awake?