Sunday, 27 April 2014

Dried flowers for my nails

My boyfriend bought me some dried flowers for my nails as he knows I love anything nail related. I have never seen these before and was really excited to try them out. I know he bought them for me from the Internet and I cannot remember which website they came from. They came in this secure carrying case. 


The dried flowers range in size and colour so there is going to be a flower for each of your nails. I have 1 different coloured flowers to choose from and each has 3 or 4 dried flowers. Unless you buy 4 packets of the same thing you cannot place 1 colour of petals on all of your fingers. It has to be multicoloured. 

As the petals are so delicate I used tweezers to pick them up and apply them to my nails. 



I then laid out the flowers on the table and applied my rubberized base coat then the Barry M basecoat  and topcoat then placed the flower on top for it to stick. 




On the first 3 fingers I made the mistake of painting a top coat over the flowers and I am not sure if I should have done this or not. 




The dried flower close up on my nail without placing the topcoat on the top. 




I have just been to wash my hands and the flowers are still attached and don't look or feel wet. So far so good. 

When I don't place the topcoat over the flowers the stamens stand up. 


Have you seen these or even tried them? What did you think? I am really pleased with them. 


     

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I'd never heard of them before or realised that they existed! Thanks for the heads up! :) x x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty. I can't stop looking at them. I think they only cost about 50p from china. I want more.

      Xxxx

      Delete