Friday, 12 September 2014

Canada Day!!

I planned my trip to Montreal when there were events happening like Fête de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste and Canada day. I didn't get to see anything on Fête de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste as it rained and rained and rained. 

However, the sun came out on Canada day and so did the crowds. We headed up to st Catherine and found a suitable spot to take pictures. I stood next to a very patriotic Canadian lady who seemed to be holding the largest Canadian flag I have ever seen. She swung it back and forth for the duration of the parade and I am pretty sure it went on for a good 2 hours.

A Mounty and an Army person started the parade off. There were Canadian television crews filming the event and I saw it on the news later on that evening. 




The marching band were my highlight of the parade they were playing "Lucky" and even did some dancing whilst playing their instruments. 



Trying to embrace my inner Canadian after being given a flag to wave. I was also given a pin badge too.




Lots of pretty dresses 


Different nationalities were there representing their culture in the parade 


The kids loved all these old guys on the bikes. 






Kit looking stylish as the parade was going past 


He was trying not to look awkward with the flag 


Me being a typical tourist 



The guy who supplied the flags 


Patiently waiting for the next part of the parade before we got breakfast 


This little boys mother insisted he had pictures with nearly all the parade stars. 


I love the sound of a marching band and these were the last group to perform. 



I think the guy to the right was trying to get a picture just like mine. 


The parade was amazing and a lot of people came to support it. The atmosphere was really cool and no one pushed anyone to get their prize picture. 

The emergency services were the last people of the parade 


We headed to the Old Port to watch the Canada day fireworks. I love fireworks, we watched the show from the car park. 


Have you ever been to a Canada Day celebration? 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment