Friday, 26 December 2014

Christmas Day in Canada

This year we spent our first Christmas together away from home, in Canada. As we didn't have any parents in charge telling us the schedule of the day we made our own. 



I spent most of the day on Skype and the phone in between eating and opening our presents. I will do a separate post on the gifts I received. 

Kit made breakfast and cooked the Christmas dinner, I ate both of them. He said making Christmas dinner was quite stressful, I think he knows how his parents feel now.


After we had eaten our way through half of Canada we watched some television, went for a walk and took some pictures. 



I love playing with my camera and the settings. 


Montreal does one thing right and it's the Christmas lights. It was 6 degrees on Christmas day so I only needed to put my coat, gloves and ear muffs on to go out.


Pretty Christmas lights in the church yard. 



We walked up to the corner of Peel and René-Lévesque and took these beautiful pictures. 


I have no idea why I stood like this, I thought it would look good. 


What did you do on Christmas day? Hope you had a wonderful day. 



TwitterBloglovinInstagramGoogle+PintrestYouTube

6 comments:

  1. Aw looks like you had a lovely day! I definitely want to do the same and have a wander round London on Christmas, it must be awesome to see everything all empty! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I lived in London for 9 years I never spent Christmas Day there once. I would love to wander around and see everything closed and no one around, it must be like a ghost town. I did have a lovely day thank you :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  2. The lights are pretty, I will be sad to see them taken down in my city as well :( Cooking dinner for the family is time consuming and cooking dinner even for 2 takes time, prep work and a lot of cleaning up. Every year we go out to a nice restaurant so that no one has to spend half the day in the kitchen. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The city will look bare without them. I didn't do much cooking just waited around for it to be cooked for me, most probably should have helped but he looked ok. We had a lovely Christmas thank you, hope you did too.
      Lorilee x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was especially the cauliflower cheese. Hope you had a great day too :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete