Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Ciaté Advent Calendar

As some of you may know, if you follow me on Instagram, I have discovered a store called Winners. It is Canada's T K Maxx, in fact it is owned by the same company. I picked up this Ciaté Advent Calendar for $40. 


I was pleasantly surprised to find this box was untouched and all the doors sealed. Some things in Winners have been opened and tested out. Now Christmas is over I decided now was a good time to post this.


I had seen someone had posted it on the Winners website, using a #WINNERSFabFinds via instagram. I couldn't believe my luck when I found the advent calendar myself. I thought I would never own one. It was sat on the bottom shelf on it's own. I then found another version around the corner and spent about 30 minutes deciding which one I liked the most. 


I am slightly disappointed to see that they list all the nail polishes on the back of the box as it takes away the surprise of what is actually inside. Anyone else feel like that? But the only 1 good thing that came out of this was they did not put them in the same order as on the back of the box.



I know it is last years, or maybe the year before, but it still contains nail polish and I still get to open a window each day till Christmas. Why do advent calendars never have a 25th day? 

I waited till I opened all the doors on my advent calendar before writing this post as I didn't want to write 1 post a day with which nail polish I had got. I think I would have been bored after day 5 of writing the same stuff. I love the box's colourfulness and design. 


Behind each door is a nail polish, obviously, and a famous quote. I found two doors with the same quote close to each other. I wondered if that was why the advent calendars were in Winners. Someone didn't check it before it went to print.


Instead of going through each door individually I have grouped the nail polishes into groups of 6.

Days 1 to 6
Snow Globe ♥ Boudoir ♥ Amazing Grace ♥ Caviar Metalic Pearls Silver ♥ Hoopla ♥ Sugar Plum


Days 7 to 12
Main Stage ♥ Caviar Pearls Midnight in Manhattan ♥ Candy Floss ♥ Pillow Fight ♥ Pepperminty ♥ Caviar Metalic Pearls Gold


Days 13 to 18
Encore ♥ Ivory Queen ♥ Glitter Twinkle Toes ♥ Chinchilla ♥ Members Only ♥ Tweed and Tails


Days 19 to 24
Sequins Dallas Dolly ♥ Starlet ♥ Fit for a Queen ♥ Hopscotch ♥ Caviar Pearls Cupids Arrow ♥ Play Date


I am not so keen on the caviar nails, just because I have never worn them before and fear that they may chip really easily, but I might be surprised. 

I am really excited to use all of these colours, espcially the pastel shades. I have heard so much about the Ciaté brand so I have high hopes for this calendar. 

Have any of you had a Ciaté advent calendar before? what did you think of it? or have you used any Ciaté nail polishes before?



TwitterBloglovinInstagramGoogle+PintrestYouTube

10 comments:

  1. That is such a great find! I do love their nail polishes, always brilliant quality. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really excited to find this as I have heard so much about Ciate and really wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I have had my nail polish on, without any base or top coat on, for 3 days and there is no signs of chipping. Usually with other nail polishes you get this. I am really pleased I own all these mini's now. My boyfriends mum saw this in the uk for £11 in the UK version of Winners, TK Maxx.

      Hope you find one soon

      Lorilee :)

      Delete
  2. I was going to get one of these but decided against it as I have so many polishes! So wish I had got one now after seeing your post xx

    Charli | Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriends mum said she saw them in TK Maxx for £11 last week, I have loads of nail polishes back in the UK, but I didn't have any here in Canada. I love them so much, they don't chip and wear more than one day.

      Lorilee
      x

      Delete
  3. I noticed a lot of beauty bloggers doing advent challenges but was not sure I wanted to (new blogger probz). Like you, I'd also be a bit disappointed that the names of the polishes listed on the back of the box, but it looks like you got a lot of really great colors! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the colours in this, I have been wearing them all the time and they don't chip and dry quite quickly

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  4. Wow! You basically payed $2 each for those polishes; Such a good deal! They're all really lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah when you look at it like that! I really love them :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  5. I had never heard of a advent calendar until this winter when i was watching vlogmas on youtube. This looked like a cute and fun one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so much fun and you don't get fat at the end of advent :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete