Friday, 12 December 2014

Montreal Christmas Parade

On November 22nd Montreal held it's annual Santa parade where people dressed up as snowmen, christmas trees and anything else Christmassy. I was really looking forward to the parade. I charged up my camera and made sure all my memory cards were empty so I could photograph as much as possible.



I love how much effort and detail had gone into all the costumes. There were lots of people participating and smiling at the children as they past. 


There was plenty to see and I think the parade lasted an hour or so. Lots of children had written letters to Santa, which were collected by the elves in the parade and placed in the largest post box I have ever seen.


I could not believe the amount of people who had come to see the parade. It was a cold day and people were stood around watching for more than an hour. I turned up 20 minutes before the parade started and all these people were already there. Some of them had brought blankets and fold away chairs others had carts to pull their children along in. 


I watched about 30 minutes, maybe even less, of the parade and had to go in search of warmth because I got to cold and passed out. The rest of my morning, whilst the parade was happening, was spent inside a shop waiting for the paramedics to come and see to me. I was really disappointed to miss the rest of the parade as I had been looking forward to going to see it all week. If I am here this time next year I will make sure to plan my day better and take warmer clothes.

Have any of you been to Montreal or live here and saw this parade? Did you have fun watching it?


     

6 comments:

  1. This is super cute, although I can't imagine how cold it must have been, I hope you were ok after getting warmed up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) wish I got more pictures of it, so sad I didn't get to see the whole thing. I was fine once I got warmed up. I knew I just needed to take a seat.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you're okay, passing out is never good. :-( The parade looks really lovely though, I am going to find out if we have one here too. Take care and have a great weekend. xx

    Reflection of Sanity | Smashbox Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ok now. I just need to be better prepared for the cold weather. The parade was great, just sad I missed most of it. Hope you find a Christmas parade near you. Hope you've had a great weekend.

      xx

      Delete
  3. The parade looks so good! Especially love the dancing snowmen. Hope I get to see this someday. :)
    x
    Aria
    Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see the whole thing, so sad I missed it. My dream is to see the Thanks Giving Day Parade in New York. Hope you get to see it, it was fun for the bits I did see.

      xxx

      Delete