Monday, 8 December 2014

My week/month in pictures 08 December 2014

A month or two back I decided I would create a weekly post called a week of Lorilee's Adventures I wanted to keep this post as a weekly fixture, but I failed after the first week. Here I am trying to pick it up again, but with a bumper addition. Most of these pictures have been posted on my Instagram account.

So my week/month in pictures began with taking blog photos in minus temperatures from my balcony. I wore several layers and kept running back inside my house to get warm. The sun wasn't out for long so I had to move fast.



In the evening we went for a walk around the Old Port and it's beautiful down there. It is very well lit and there are plenty of things to see and do - as you can see behind me - there is a man made ice rink.


I love the colours in this picture, the darkness and reflections.


The next day I went to Walmart and picked up some Christmas cards to send to people in the UK. Turns out that Canadian's don't stick stickers on their mail to say air mail, so I hope all these Christmas cards reach their destinations. 


I thought I would be adventurous and visit the South Island, but I took the wrong bus, paid 4 or 5 times the amount it should have cost and wasted 3 hours of my day going back and forth. I got to see this long road that went on for miles whilst waiting for the bus to take me back to my destination. 


When I finally reached where I intended to go 3 hours before. The journey should have only been 15 minutes. I found a pretty Kate Spade handbag in Winners for $199.99 which is £115 when tax is added. 



After my long trip in the shops the day before I bought some sushi for my lunch to eat at home just because it was too cold to go out. I do not know what this sauce is with my sushi, but I can tell you that it is the best sauce to go with sushi. 


I found some really pretty Christmas decorations in the shops, I particularly liked this wooden Merry Christmas sign. I thought it would have been made in Canada, but when looking closely at the box it was made in the Philippines.


I found the cutest tree decorations of racoons and red panda's.


I did purchase one decoration and that was a Christmas Tree inside a glass jar. It is supposed to be hung on your tree like a decoration, but I bought it as my Christmas Tree for this year. I hope to hang it on my tree in years to come and remember my first Christmas in Montreal. 


I also wanted to get into the Christmas spirit and bought some fairy lights for the end of my bed, because no bloggers bed is complete without them.



This is my life now walking around in jeans and snow pants. My snow pants will get a full review soon when I test them out in stupidly minus conditions, but for now I am sitting in restaurants like this because taking my snow boots on and off all the time is beginning to get annoying.


Saturday's breakfast at Ben and Florentine. I ordered eggs benedict with Ham and asparagus, which I was really looking forward to eating, but half way through my food I discovered I was eating egg shell and it put me off finishing the rest of it. 


On Saturday night we went to a gig to see the Generationals. I really liked it and the venue had these really cool lights by the bar. I chose this evening to wear my cool racoon jumper. 


The stage at the gig was really well lit and it was a very small crowd that they played too.


The Generationals live on stage was really cool. I quite liked how the lead singers voice had different pitches. 


Sunday we raced to get to Reuben's for our breakfast as I really like to eat here. The food is really good and cheap. I ordered the bacon and cheddar omelette, but I usually go for the Swiss cheese omelette with sausage. I will be sticking to this as the cheddar was processed cheese and I do not like that. 


Finally a shot of us both in our warm winter coats in the snow. These coats are like walking around in a duvet.


I will be picking up this week in pictures again, because I love taking pictures and sharing what Canada is like with you all.

Hopefully next week you will see the first instalment. Do you have any posts like this? 


     

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week, cold but great lol. Its rather cold here in Toronto as well but I love Christmas and it looks like you are ready for the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I did have a great week. I am ready for the holidays, hope you are too.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Canada looks fab, it's on my list to visit one day. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete