Thursday, 8 January 2015

Ice like I've never seen it

This is a bit of a different post today. I thought I would share some photographs I took last Sunday, 4th January 2015, when the whole city was frozen. It was almost like someone had blown ice over everything during the night. I have never seen anything like it.

Coming from the UK, I was shocked to see this, as we do not get winters like they do here in Canada. I woke up on Sunday morning to find everything was covered in a thick layer of ice. 



When I say everything was covered I mean everything, even the cars.


But I did see the beauty in it all. 


I spent a while looking at the hedge below as I just thought it was magnificent. 






Looks like these bikes won't be in use today.





I don't fancy being the person who lives here or a Canadian postman as they have to climb these slippery stairs to deliver the mail. 


I thought this was most beautiful of all a frozen rosebud. 


Have you ever seen anything like this before? I thought it was really beautiful and I hope it happens again as I want to go out and take more pictures.



TwitterBloglovinInstagramGoogle+PintrestYouTube

15 comments:

  1. These photos are lovely! I love when everything gets icy and snowy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but only if I am in doors where it's warm. It's like living in a Christmas Card

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  2. You took beautiful pictures and wow, it looked like the whole city was frozen!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was so fantastic to see :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  3. Wow! You got some absolutely incredible photos! Last Saturday was just like that here in Pennsylvania. The roads were terrible, lots of accidents. I hate winter for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I love taking pictures and I never edit any of them. I hope there aren't any accidents here, but I am sure there are, just I haven't seen any. I did see a car caught fire today, which was really strange as its so cold outside.

      Loirlee x

      Delete
  4. wow that looks super cold... I do love the way you photographed the ice! literally, ice, not even snow haha

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! As cold as it looks I was wrapped up really warm so it wasn't as cold as I expected. It was such a shock to see it like that.

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  5. Oh WOW. I've never seen snow in person (Hawaii baby here) but those trees are beautiful
    xxLK
    www.ellekae.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Hawaii, but I hope to visit there one day as it looks beautiful. I have a friend from Australia and he's never seen snow before. You two should come to Canada and you'll see snow and maybe ice like this

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  6. Such lovely photograps.

    Im no good with the cold but it looks so pretty.

    www.marriedtoageek.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am a wimp when it comes to the cold and wrap up so warm when I get into shops I have to take a rucksack to put all my outdoor clothes in.

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  7. This. Looks. AMAZING! I would love to experience something like this someday. Your pictures are so stunning. :)
    x
    Aria
    Girl in a Whimsical Land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love going out with my camera, even when it is - 25. It was amazing to see. So glad I photographed it :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  8. The photos are really amazing!!! It looks like Elsa from Frozen was there! :D

    ReplyDelete