Sunday, 10 May 2015

Goodbye Winter, Hello Summer in Montreal


I can't believe that only a month ago Montreal looked like this. So cold and covered in snow. 


Winter in Montreal seemed to last forever, the snow arrived at some time in November and finally went away in April. 


As the snow began to melt I decided to take myself and my camera on a walk to the Old Port. Seeing the snow finally melting away made Montreal look even prettier than it was. 


It's hard to believe that the river in the picture above was an ice rink in the winter. In the summer the pedelos are available for hire. 


I walked up to the beach to find it wasn't open on the day I visited. In the summer their are chairs underneath the parasols and a few Montrealers come here to spend their weekends. I wouldn't paddle in the water though. 



In the summer this area will be full of expensive yatchs and holiday goers. 


Whilst you're at the Old Port Beach you can climb the Old Port Clock Tower. The views up there are beautiful of the Old Port and Downtown Montreal. 

Have you ever visited Montreal's Old Port?



TwitterBloglovinInstagramGoogle+PintrestYouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment