Saturday, 29 October 2016

From the top of Mont Royal

Last weekend I climbed up Mont Royal to see the beautiful colours of Autumn.




I have not blogged in over a year. I have been toying with the idea of starting my blog back up again, having neglected it for so long. I miss sharing my adventures in my little corner of the Internet. I won't bore you with why I have not blogged in so long, but like that you can pick it up as quickly as you put it down.

I have been planning to walk up the mountain for the past 2 years, but never made it up there in time to see the Autumn arrive. As I ascended the mountain the trees were bare and a colourful carpet of leaves had settled. The leaves crunched under my boots, leading me to believe when I got to the top I would not see the view I had imagined. So I stood for a moment and admired the vivid colours. 


Before setting off on my journey I had planned my route as there was 40 minutes, to get to the top, till sunset. I got half way up, with only a flight of stairs to climb or so I thought to be greeted with construction - it wouldn't be Montreal without construction. I followed the diversion signs with haste as I wanted to get to the top.


Despite there being a diversion and having to take the long way round, I did pass a raccoon.  


The view from the top! 


It was quite cold up at the top of the mountain, so I clicked my pictures and ran into the chalet to get warm. Having warmed up I began my decent back home, but at a less hurried pace than when I went up. 


what did you do last weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment