In blogging

Background on blogs and bloggers

I have been reading blogs since a university project in 2005. The first blog I read was Petite Anglaise by Catherine Sandson, I have read this blog from beginning to end and if you like reading about family life, children, relationships and travel give it ago. You'll get to know each character well Tadpole, Mr Frog and Petite Anglaise. However, Petite Anglaise stopped writing her blog after her second child in 2009. A very sad day for Petite Anglaise fans, especially me I loved reading it. Catherine Sandson also had a book published that joins the gap between blog posts and her life. I have read this cover to cover more than once and enjoyed every time I read it. 



Having found this blog, I then started reading books, something I really enjoy doing when I find a good book. I usually find myself reluctant to put the book back in my bag and get off the train. One of these said books, after having read Petite Anglaise, was 20 times a lady by Karen Bosnak. A fictional story about a single woman who starts to think she has already met Mr right in one of her past relationship and thinks she has missed her big chance. Then makes a list of old boyfriends and starts to re-date them. This book has been turned into the film What's your number.



My point is that Karen Bosnak has her own blog - Pretty in the City. Before Pretty in the city, she had a blog called Save Karyn (I also read that from beginning to end. 1 of my favourite bloggers). Karyn was a shopaholic spiraling in to debt, juggling cash flows between credit cards. She would post daily updates and feature items on her pets. Elvis (the cat) and Beverly (the dog). There is also a book called Save Karyn, which is an amazing read - thumbs up from me.  




Three books I throughly enjoyed reading and recommend to all of you out there that love blogs and books connected to them. 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorilee! I have recently descovered your blog and by reading just two posts from Jan and Feb this post fell in love haha weird!
    This is first time I've seen a books related to blogs and i'm definitely going to find those books and read them as I'm intrigued now.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that there are plenty more books written by bloggers, but these 2 are my favourite, which I recommend to anyone that likes blogs.

      Lorilee

      xxx

      Delete