In beauty blogging

Seven for the Rainbow

The colour is red and my name is Lorilee. A few weeks back I was invited by the lovely Megan from Little Ms Average and Daphne from Peanut Butter and chocolate life to participate in a blog collaboration with 6 other beauty bloggers, called the rainbow tag. 

7 colours of the rainbow for 7 colourful bloggers. I was lucky enough to have the colour Red. I picked this colour because of my favourite Barry M nail polish Gelly Hi Shine. After deciding this was my favourite item I then had a wild panic of finding any other red items that I love. This was not hard and I found myself with 10 items rather than 5, so I then spent the next few days deciding who makes the cut and who doesn't this was a difficult task. 

Let's begin because lets face it you want to see my 5 favourite red items. 


1. The reason why I chose the colour Red, Barry M - Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in blood orange, but to me it is red. £3.99 from Superdrug. When I first bought this I didn't get the hype. To me it just seemed the same as all my other Barry M polishes - easy to apply but chips easily. So it needed to be removed and reapplied everyday. However, a friend told me apply a topcoat and there have been no chips for the first few days.



2. Body Lotion Amor Amor by Cacharel - I bought this in duty free before going to New York and every time I wear it, it reminds me of New York and the holiday with my parents. It came in a little white and red bag with a bottle of perfume, but that has run out and a shower gel again this has been used. The body lotion is quite thin in texture and it soaks into the skin quite quickly. Leaving your skin soft and smelling fruity. Not sure if the thickness of the body lotion would make a difference as it seems to go quite a way. I am definitely going to buy another bottle of this perfume as it is my favourite. 



3. My Red Dress, now I am not too sure where I got this from it may have been a swishing party - where you take 5 items of clothes that no longer fit, you've never worn or you no longer wear and swap them with other swishers over a drink and a chat. It may have even come from Freecycle or a carboot sale, but I cannot remember where, but this is my favourite red dress. The belt can be removed and replaced with a different one, but I like it. The label says it is Sfera Joven S.A, but I have never heard of this brand so I don't know where it can be purchased from.


  
 I met my boyfriend for lunch and made him take these pictures - he was a little self conscious as he took the photos as it was close to his work. I wasn't bothered and enjoyed having my photo taken.

Shoes from New Look £29.99
Sunglasses from H & M £7.99
Earrings from Wallis £1.00



4. Solait Moisturising Sun Lotion from Superdrug - Factor 50. I burn easily which is why I have this sun cream. No summer is complete without applying sun cream and having it stick to everything in the process. I no longer call it suntan lotion as I do not get a tan, I'm either white or red and that is it.
I was a bit dubious when I bought this sun cream as I have never used any unbranded sun cream before. With the Superdrug sun cream  I was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked and well. 



Firstly, it smells great - of peaches and secondly, it comes out of the packet very easily meaning there isn't much wasted and you are not hitting the bottle on your hand 50 times before something comes out. It's so easy a child could apply it themselves. My only concern is that it is in a packet similar to drinks that are available in the UK so maybe some child may pick it up and start eating it. Although I cannot imagine it tasting that great. 



5. Now my last item are home items and I just couldn't choose between the 2 so I have decided that as they are home items and are both candles they can sit together in last place. The first of the 2 candles is this candle in a bowl of fragrance jelly with leaves. This smells amazing, my brother got it me for Christmas last year and the year before that he got me a gold one, but I accidentally smashed it travelling back to London from Wales, which is why I think he got me the red one. The jelly doesn't melt, but when the candle gets hot the fragrance from the jelly evaporates and fills the room with wonderful smells. 


The second item I want to share with you is this heart shaped candle holder. That I picked up from the Ideal Home Show for £5. I hangs from my curtain rail and the light patterns from the candle is reflected on the wall when a tea light is inserted. This isn't a great light for reading with but it does create atmosphere in the room and would look great hanging in a garden, but I don't have one so the curtain rail will have to do. 

The front



The back



I really like the pretty patterns it reflects on the wall. 



Click our pictures below to see what the other bloggers favourite colour is and what products they picked. 


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Lorilee, you did a fantastic job! I'm so proud of you! Red really is your color! That dress is adorable! And I LOVE that candle hanger! I think it is fab and makes gorgeous patterns on the wall! Thanks for participating with us, sweetie! xx

    Megan | Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick :) I didn't realise that I had so many things that are red. I guess it is my favourite colour at the moment. That was the first time I put a candle in the hanger. I also have a white one too.

      I love your post too.

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Love this whole collaboration! Well done on the red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) I think I got a bit carried away with he pictures and the writing. xxx

      Delete
  3. Red is totally your color! I love the red dress on you! I'd snatch it from your closet any minute! You know, i'm starting to think that setting the five product limit was a bad idea as everyone has amazing things to share! I had a jelly fragrance once...before I decided it was going to be a good idea to stick my finger into it....Haha! I absolutely love the candle holder! I'm loving your picks! Thanks for joining in on this collaboration! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise I had so many red belongings. I think I could have easily have found 10 red items as it seems red is my favourite colour.

      I want in on another blog collaboration as I had so much fun doing this one :) xxxx

      Delete