In blogging

Are you ready for Halloween

I love pumpkin carving and buying a pumpkin this year was on my to do list. I managed to pick up a really small pumpkin from Lidl for £1 or £2. I can't remember. My lovely little pumpkin has sat in my house all week until yesterday evening when I thought I should get a move on with carving my pumpkin because by the time I get round to carving it, Halloween will be over or the pumpkin would have rotted

Anyway, let's get on with my design.  I learnt last year that when carving a pumpkin it is best practice to choose a design and draw this onto the pumpkin first. This is for not so arty/creative people like me to get the most out of their pumpkin design. I looked through lots of designs on Sunday and went with this cat one, which I found on Google images. 


The making of my master piece was quite tricky as the pumpkin is really small and it wasn't easy to scrape all the insides of the pumpkin out. But I managed it in higher end. 


It took about 2 hours to make this and I only just noticed that I did not put more stars on it. 

Have you carved any pumpkins? What are your designs like? Please leave your links in the comments below so I can see them. 

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Yours is amazing!! I attempted one, was going to be all adventurous but ended up doing the bog standard triangle eyed face, and it still looked rubbish.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really easy. I just drew a rough outline and carved it out.

      Xxx

      Delete
  2. Your pumpkin is so good! I've only ever carved one once and it looked a right state. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going its so much fun. Get a big one as small ones are hard to carve out.

      Xxx

      Delete
  3. Ohmigosh! Your pumpkin was so cute! We didn't do one this year, but if we had I'd have loved to have done one like this! You did a fantastic job, honey! Well done! xx

    Megan | Little Miss Average

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I imagine Halloween is pretty big in America. You should have given it a go I had so much fun xxx

      Delete