In blogging

#LDNXMASMEET Follow up

So as you know from my previous post that I was going to the #LDNXMASMEET today. I had been looking forward to going to this event all week. I had heard great things about Ellie's Blogger meet ups and she did not disappoint. The event was scheduled for 2pm in a little Italian restaurant in Soho. As I work in the area I knew exactly where this restaurant was and how long it would take me to arrive there. I found the restaurant and the waiter came outside and said you're friends are upstairs and pointed towards the staircase. 

I proceeded up the stairs and was greeted by lots of lovely smiley faces. The event was organised by Ellie, Chloe and Perdi and was well advertised on Twitter. They had laid out lots of goodie bags posters placed around the room. I was told to take a seat and did just that. On my table was Kimberly, Becky, Kohl Beauty and Caroline. There were 4 different tables in total. As we were on different tables, we didn't really get to chat to the other bloggers, but we did say our names and our blogs.

Unfortunately I did not take as many photos as I would have liked, but we spent most of the time chatting, eating and tweeting.

The lovely goodie bags that Ellie, Chloe and Perdi had organised. 



Throughout the afternoon we had to hashtag the #LDNXmasMeet to win prizes.


 One of the prizes was a Scardoo. The name is amazing, I didn't even see the product at first, but I was completely sold on the name alone. It definitely got a chuckle out of us bloggers. The Scardoo in fact is a brush similar to the Tangle Teaser, but has 2 brushes in 1 a pretty cool idea. These cost £10.99. I don't have a picture of this brush, but you can see them on their website if you click the link. 

We ordered food and drink and continued to chat all the way from 2pm to 5.30pm. I had the carbonara. 



 I had a wonderful afternoon at the #LDNXmasMeet and can't wait to attend the next one. I also won a wash bag through tweeting the hashtag. There were enough prizes for everyone at the event to win, which was great as Ellie, Chloe and Perdi had put so much effort into the prizes and wrapping them up. Prizes included, nail polish, hair brush holder, hand cream, fake tan and many more. 


I know you're all interested to know what was in the goodie bag and here is what was in the red bag. Socks, nail wraps, stick on nails, vodka, Elemis face wash and Nourish. 



And what was in the gorgeous raffia bag, which is now my camera lens and accessories bag, from Mandara Spa. This stuff smells amazing. I could smell it before I had even cut the tags. 


I had a wonderful time at the event a made a few more blogger friends. 

As the event was coming to an end I developed a headache and knew it was time to go home. I picked up some water and headed home. 

I cannot recommend enough blogger meet ups as it's a really good way of getting into new blogs and meeting new bloggers. 

As always bloggers swapped their blogger business cards. I'm not sure if they are called that, but they were swapped. I am still in 2 minds as to whether I should get some or not, but as I don't go to these events that much I don't think I will be purchasing any. 

Have you been to any blogger meet ups? 

Related Articles

5 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the meetup Lorilee! I hope to organise another soon, I so hope you can make it to we all get more of a chance to get to know each other!

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I really enjoyed it :) I look forward to the next one as this one was really good fun and I got to meet some lovely bloggers :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorilee I found your blog! It was really nice to meet you yesterday hope theres more events we can meet up again in! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lovely to meet you too. Just writing my guest post for you now :) I hope so too. xx

      Delete