In candles

Candles I received for Christmas

I really wanted to write this post way back in December, but January slipped through my fingers like sand through an egg timer and now I am sat typing this in February.

For Christmas I received some lovely candles from different family members - my dad and my brother. My brother bought me this really gorgeous smelling spiced apple candle from The Works.

It looks like and smells like a Yankee Candle and to tell you the truth I didn't notice the difference until I went to photograph this candle in my cool photo studio my dad bought me for Christmas.


So far this candle has been burning for a number of hours and hasn't gone down that much. I love how it has a lid so I don't have to blow the candle out to extinguish it. I just simply place the lid on top and the smoke is kept in the candle. Also by keeping the lid on top of this candle when not in use, I think, preserves the scent a little bit longer.

Next up, my dad bought me a set of 9 small candles from the Yankee Candle shop in Kingston, when they came down to visit me for my birthday. Santa took the candles away until Christmas day.


Worth the wait though, they smell so Christmassy. I haven't locked them away in a cupboard, because that would just be a shame so I have left them in their box, until now so I could photograph them for this post. Then I am going to place a candle, 1 at a time, in the votive candle holder. Apparently that is what the small candles are called Votives.


Then my dad bought me a set of 5 candles from Tesco. I love the vibrant colours of these candles. Although they have no scent, they are very cool and stylish in their presentation. I really like the black pots they came in.


They have a really sweet smell that isn't too fragrant. I really want to light them in their red box but I think it may set on fire.


My brother also got me some Ikea candles that smell delightful


And this cute little one as well.



Do any of you have any of these candles I was bought? What did you think of them? 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment