In blogging

Libster Award

Jenny from Jenny Dora Explorer nominated me for the Libster Award back in May. Thank you so much for nominating me I know I am really really really slow to reply to this, but I promised myself I would, so here I am 5 months later writing my response. Whooops!
I have won the Libster award before and it is a really good way of discovering new blogs. 


A little bit about the Libster Award, I am not too sure who set it up or where it came from but I would best discribe it as an electronic chain mail. You write something about yourself and nominate several bloggers for the award. You don't actually win anything, but I guess what you do win is the previlage of being able to put the Libster Button on your blog. 

So to accept my nomination I have a few fun challenges to complete...

The rules...

I thank the blogger who tagged me (check)!
Say 11 facts about me (check)!
Answer the 11 questions written by the person who tagged me
Write my own 11 questions
Tag 11 up and coming bloggers

11 facts about me

  1. I have lived in London for the last nine years. 
  2. I love photography and photographing everything and anything. When I have my camera, you won't see my face as I will constantly be looking through the view finder. 
  3. I am scared of heights anything above 4 floors makes my stomach churn. 
  4. I have a masters degree in Media and Communications from LSE. 
  5. I love my job as an Edit Assistant. I love anything technical. 
  6. I have a receipt book and love to know what and where I am spending all my money. Geeky I know. 
  7. I love the summer for longer days, pretty pictures, dresses and sandals. 
  8. I love fireworks and going to watch firework displays. 
  9. I am a big fan of both savoury and sweet food. There isn't much I won't eat but the things I don't like is cold eggs, eels, and Brie cheese. 
  10. I fell over the back door step as a child and my tooth went through my lip. I travelled to the doctors with a sponge in my mouth and received a butterfly stitch. 
  11. My dream car is the old style Ford Ka. 
The 11 questions I was asked
1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted some where to share my thoughts and photographs to share them with others. I had been reading blogs on and off since 2006 
where I became hooked on Petite Anglaise and Pretty in the City (which at the time was known as Save Karyn) but didn't start my blogging till 2012. 

2. If you could meet any person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

Estée Button as I love watching her videos and she really reminds me of my friends. She doesn't seem phased by her YouTube fame. 

3. What is your favourite quote?
Only spend what you have

4. Which film could you watch and rewatch and never get bored of?
Mermaids with Cher, Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci

5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I have no idea

6. Do you say a particular word a lot?
I think I say like a lot.

7. What do you feel has been your biggest achievement in life so far?

8. What keeps you going if ever you feel like quitting? How do you keep positive?
I wouldn't have started something if I didn't enjoy it, so I always remember how great it was when I started it. 

9. If there was a movie of your life, which actor would you like to portray you in it?
January Jones as I think she's brilliant as Betty in Mad Men

10. If you could travel back in time what piece of advice would you have liked to give your younger self?
Go get the job I have now as soon as I left university don't get side tracked and also go get as much work experience as you can.

11. What are 3 of your future goals?
Start recording videos to upload to YouTube
Take a photo a day
Do some more travelling

My Questions to my nominees

 If you were to live in a different country where would you go?
How long have you been blogging for?
What is your favourite book?
Do you commute to work/school/college/university? If so what do you do during your journey?
If you were to bake a cake what flavour would it be?
What is your dream job?
If you were only able to take 3 items on holiday what would they be? 
What was your favourite holiday?
Do you have a favourite blog?
What do you like to order when you go to a fast food restaurant?
What do you use to blog on?

And finally, my nominations!


Katie from Katie's World of Beauty

Clare from Uncia and Tigris
Catherine from You Wish You
Kelly from Flat Eleven
Kelly from Kelly Louise
Lucy from LouJay
Antonia from Mac and Cheese Blog
Andrea from Rosy Chic
Claire from Bellas Beauty Blogs
Megan from Megan Joy
Aimee from Aimee Dot 

I would love it if all you ladies joined in :) 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment