In beauty

Real Techniques Series #1 - Your Eyes Enhanced Starter Set for £10.31

Whilst wondering around the shops in Montreal last week I discovered cheap Real Techniques brushes in Winners. Winners in Canada, is like T K Maxx in the UK (as I have mentioned before it is from the same company). Winners is slowly becoming my favourite store to shop in for beauty and home ware products.



I bought the Your eyes enhanced starter set for $15.99 which with tax added is $18.39 in pounds that is £10.31 Pretty good I thought when they are advertised on the Boots website for £21.99 and Amazon for £13.64




Admittedly you can buy the brushes for less than Boots, but I have yet to find anywhere cheaper than Winners. Let me talk you through what is actually in the set. 


You get 5 eye brushes in this set a long with a case which handily turns into a stand. I am not a fan of the case, I think it's quite plain and ugly, but it has a purpose. I prefer cases to look pretty and house the brushes within a bag. I do not like the idea that the brushes are exposed at the ends. I think I will be keeping my brushes in their plastic box for now until I find a suitable case for them.




The brushes all have different uses for creating the perfect eye look. The bristles on the brushes are soft, but are firm and hold their shape really well. However, on the box it does not state the material they are made from. I searched around and found out from Amazon they are made from synthetic taklon bristles.


Deluxe crease brush - Base shadow brush - Accent brush - Fine liner brush - Brow brush are all of what is included in this set.

I love that the brushes all have the black smooth rubber at the bottom to enhance grip, I assume and are all a metallic purple. I love the colour and style of these brushes.



As you can see from the back of the packet all the brushes are named and photographed making it easy, for any beginner like me, to distinguish. As Sam and Nic Chapman are Youtubers, tutorials on how to use these brushes are on the Real Techniques website, which I will be using to get tips. This I find really useful as I don't know where to start when it comes to make up and bought these brushes in the hope that I can finally master the art of beauty.  

And this is all before I have even used the brushes. I shall do a follow up post on what the brushes are like to use and what look I created with them as I find there is nothing more annoying than seeing a blog post containing something you want to buy but not actually seeing it in use. 

Have any of you got these brushes? What do you think? Have you tried other brands? How do they compare?

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. this was gifted to me for my birthday this year. I love it :D

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great you had this as a gift. I am so pleased I bought them. They are just great aren't they apart from the ugly case.

      Lorilee
      :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh what a bargain! I have seen these in Boots and thought they were so pricey, I didn't realise they were cheaper on amazon, and I have an amazon voucher so need to pick them up! I am quite useless with my eye make up so hopefully these will help me too! Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I went crazy in Canada buying them all because I knew how expensive they are in Boots. Hope you get to get some from Amazon :) Eye make up is my specialty because I don't really wear any other make up. You're welcome you have a lovely blog.

      Thank you for your comment :)

      Lorilee :)

      Delete
  3. Lucky, lucky girl! I wanted this for the longest time and you managed to score it from Winners! I went yesterday and didn't see any RT brushes. Am looking forward to your follow up posts, would love to see how it performs.
    Btw, I just followed you on GFC so I don't miss another post from you, no idea why I didn't see you have a GFC previously! LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe I found them and so many others! The cashier looked at me strange when I walked up with 6 boxes of individual brushes. I don't think she knew what they were. I bought my Ciate advent calendar and the cashier, a woman around my age, looked at me and asked what it was. When I explained she seemed really disheartened and didn't seem interested. I was really enthusiastic too!
      I hope they have some of them in your Winners soon. I know Real Techniques ladies were promoting in Canada about a month ago on Cityline CA. I am testing them out on the Maybelline Nudes pallet, one of the brushes felt a little scratchy on my eye lid.
      So glad you are following me on GFC :) I have so much crap on my side bar. I need to tidy it up.

      Lorilee :)

      Delete