In montreal

Snow Post

I thought I would do a different kind of post today and tell you about my experience of my first snow storm in Montreal. 



The snow has finally arrived! I have been here since the 31st October 2014 and we have had snippets of snow, where it falls and then melts. Turns to ice and makes the pavements unbearable to walk on. You kind of slide around the place, hoping not to fall on your bum. However, yesterday was different the snow kept falling and falling and falling, in fact it hasn't stopped all day. It is pretty cool if you ask me. 


The temperature outside seems to have warmed up, which is great because on previous days it has been freezing cold - silly temperatures like minus 15 but it feels like minus 23. That day I did not want to leave the house, but I don't like to sit indoors all day, I like to be active, although some days it's just too cold to go out.



 I love how the snow rests on the branches. If you are not careful, like me and stand under the tree for too long taking pictures, the snow will fall on your head.


The snow is so beautiful when it is undisturbed. 


As you can see the snow is piled high along the road sides. Snow machines have been working all day to keep the city clear of snow on the roads. 

 

Looking up at the snow and the clear skies. 


Have you ever been in a snow storm or experienced this much snow? 

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! We had ONE little snow fall which didn't even last till the next morning. The temperature is 6 Celsius and above, was 13 Celsius a few days ago so I doubt we'll be getting any snow soon. :-(

    Reflection of Sanity | Smashbox Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is plenty of snow here. I think you'd be sick of it if you were here. Pushing a stroller in the snow does not look fun. xx

      Delete
  2. Awww those pictures look so pretty. I love the snow, haven't had any here in the UK yet. I'm hoping for a white Christmas.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a white christmas in the UK, I remember there used to be them when I was a child, but now its just a dusting of snow. Thanks :)

      x

      Delete
  3. it's been like this where I live a couple years ago and now it just snows and then melts in a day... I miss the snow! hopefully this year, preferably on my birthday haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope you get the snow. Thanks for your comment :)

      Lorilee

      Delete