In beauty

Lush Halloween Bubble Bar Review

Two months ago I bought this glittery pumpkin from Lush in Montreal. The fragrance of this is strong and I love it. The smell of sweet fruits and cinnamon has fragranced my wardrobe for the past month, which is a reason why I haven't used it. 

When I bought this there wasn't a sign on it to say its name, so I don't actually know what it is called. I bought this after Halloween and was quite disappointed to find there was no discount on this, but I bought it anyway. 


I paid $9 for it which is about £5.

I broke this bath bomb up into 4 pieces, with a knife from my kitchen as I wasn't able to snap it with my hands, as wanted it to last longer than 1 bath considering the amount of money I paid for it. 


As there was no sign on the shop saying the price, it didn't occur to me that I didn't actually know what it was or what it was supposed to do until I dropped it in the bath. 


I picked up 1 of the chunks and threw it in the bath to find it didn't actually do anything. No fizzing, no foaming, no nothing.


I picked it out and ran it under the tap and to my surprise I found out it was a bubble bar! 


I was actually quite surprised as to how many bubbles this small chunk created. I have used Lush bubble bars before and they haven't created half as much bubbles as this one did. I wondered if it was due to the hard London water I was using it in or that Lush UK use different products to Lush Canada when making their bubble bars. Either way I was pleased with my bubble bath. 


I brushed some of the bubbles away so you can see how the bubble bar turned the colour of the water a strange yellow with a glisten of glitter. 


Since breaking this bubble bar up into 4 pieces I have had 3 more baths and have 1 chunk left. I would purchase this bubble bar again, if it wasn't so expensive.

Have you used this bubble bar before? What did you think?

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I've always avoided buying Lush bath bomb/bubble bar that has glitter in it because it's a huge pain to wash the tub after. This looks pretty good though, can't see much glitter in your pictures.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the glitter. Even in the shop I touched one thing and ended up with a very sparkly hand. My bath was coated in a film of glitter once all the water had drained away. I rinsed it with the shower head and it seemed to go away.

      Lorilee x

      Delete