In beauty

Maybelline BB cream - Twitter Win!

A few weeks back, actually nearly a month and a bit a go I stumbled upon the Canadian Beauty Blogger chat on Twitter.  I didn't even know it existed, but I am so glad I have found it. There are plenty of Canadian Beauty Bloggers in Canada and they are ever so friendly. The chat takes place every Thursday between 7 - 8pm EST. 

The prize I won!

I found the Canadian Beauty Bloggers website and signed up for their emails as soon as I moved here. A few weeks later an email dropped in my inbox saying there was going to be a Twitter chat with prizes to be won on the 26th November. Maybelline was the sponsor of the chat and was giving away prizes to randomly picked Tweeters joining in the conversation.

Here is part of the email I received reminding me about the Twitter chat.



I didn't receive my prize until 2 and a half weeks after being told I had won. I wish I had asked when I DM'd them what I had won, because the suspense wasn't fun. I tweeted to ask where my prize was and a day later, by courier, came my prize. I had won a Maybelline Dream Fresh 8 in 1 BB Cream in Medium. I love that when the envelop arrived the item was sealed. I hate receiving things that have their seal broken.


I have to be honest I thought I was going to receive more items than this having looked at previous competitions and prizes received from the CBB chats. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I was a little disappointed with my prize, but I got myself back onto twitter and involved in another twitter/competition chat. I didn't win anything though. 


I peeled back the seal and applied some of this cream to the back of my hand. I am a little worried as this BB cream is medium in tone and I have quite pale skin. I hope it doesn't make me look orange. I rubbed this into the back of my hand and it did go a little lighter as I spread it out, but the coverage was not even and left patches. I will try this on my face soon and let you know how I get on with it as I really hope this cream works. 

Do you own this product? What do you think of it? Are you a Canadian Beauty Blogger? If so say hello!

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. I really disliked this at first, but the closer I got to emptying the bottle, the more I loved it :D

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall give it another go then as I stopped using it for a while

      X

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about this BB cream but haven't tried it, looking forward to your thoughts about it. I thought I signed up for CBB too but never received any email from them. Thanks for letting me know about the chat, will try to join this week. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the CBB got back to you and you got signed up 😊 I have stopped using it but when I get back to canada I will give it another go. Did you join in a chat?

      Xx

      Delete