In blogging

New Year, New Blog Design


I love it. I gave myself a blog redesign - I changed my social media buttons, changed the side bar and the layout. Michelle from  With love from Guyana designed my new header.
As I said in my 2015 blog resolutions I wanted to improve the look of my blog. Since writing that I have been making slight changes to the way my blog looks. I have finally finished my redesign and can now share it with you in all it's glory. What do you think? 

I initially wanted to make the header myself and posted in the FBL:Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle bloggers group on Facebook, asking about design programmes - which is where I met Michelle.


As you can see I handed over my email address and a few seconds later an email popped up in my inbox from Michelle. A few emails back and forth, Michelle had worked me and my style out. I provided her with links to my favourite blog headers, the size of my blog header and she worked her magic. 


I really love all the designs she supplied me with, but my favourite has to be header number 3 with the bouquet of flowers to the left. I asked to keep the tag line font as I really liked that.

Michelle then came back with even more beautiful designs.

Michelle worked really fast to provided me my first set of designs (which can be seen in the first picture above). I reviewed them and asked if I could see more designs, with more flowers. I stated what I wanted to see so I didn't make her job too difficult.

Michelle worked really fast and I got to see and review all these designs within 2 days of each other. All through out our short discussion on what I wanted from a blog header Michelle stressed that if I wasn't happy with anything she would change it for me until I felt it was right. By the second lot of designs I had found the one! 

If you are looking for a new blog header then I would get in contact with Michelle as she provides excellent designs and is very friendly. She can be found on her blog here.

I am really impressed with my new header as it is unique and won't be found on any other blog. I looked at websites that sell you the blog template for a fee, but that wasn't my style.

What do you think of my new header design? What do you think of the designs that Michelle made up?

Related Articles

18 comments:

  1. I really like it! And she's such a sweetheart to help you, will hop over and say hello to her soon.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Shireen 😊 I wanted a change and I really like it. She worked so quick

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  2. Hi Lorilee,

    Thank you so much for such a glowing review and I am so happy that you like your header! It definitely was a pleasure working with you.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Michelle I love it. I feel like my blog is a proper blog now with my new header

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  3. These look so lovely! I really like all of the ones she came up with, love the new blog design too x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jasmin 😊 it was really hard to choose one. It took a good day to pick

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  4. You have a lovely design. The color scheme, combined with the flowers is so classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise 😊 I love my new colour scheme and new header. I can't thank Michelle enough.

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  5. Love the new design, very feminine and pretty. Have a great weekend hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Lotty I feel it looks more professional now

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  7. Adore your redesign - I love how the communication was built with the designer :)

    Becky
    bbyb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky she was a pleasure to work with

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought I needed a change

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! She did great work. I might have to contact her about helping me update my look too.

    http://www.divaandthedivine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definetly she's very friendly and quick

      Lorilee x

      Delete