In beauty

Real Techniques Series #5 - Blush Brush for £5.11

 I took a break out of my Real Techniques Series to celebrate Christmas and New Year. But now we are in the new year I want to resume my Real Techniques Series.

Today's Real Techniques brush is the blush brush. This is soft like the powder brush in post #4 has a pink stem like all the other finishing brushes and is beautiful to look at. 

The bristles of this brush are tightly packed into the brush handle, but remain fluffy at the top. The bristles collect the blush on the brush and allow for even blush application. On close inspection of this brush the bristles are not straight, but have a slight wave to them which I imagine helps catch the blush particles better to allow for more even coverage.


As well as this brush being a blush brush it can also be used as a contour brush. I might also use this brush to apply bronzer, but I would alternate it with the angled foundation brush to get the contoured look. Not sure if the angled foundation brush should be used for this but I am going to try it. 


Another find in the great Winners. I think I picked up all the brushes from there apart from the expert face brush as I wasn't too sure what it did. 

I paid £5.11 for this brush. 
And on Amazon it is £7.99. I saved myself a few pennies buying this brush and the rest of these brushes in Canada.

Do you have this brush? Do you use it for anything other than blush? What do you think of this brush? 

Related Articles

18 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm a huge fan of the real techniques brushes, and what a bargain price! :-)
    Mimi x
    Mimi Flys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have just got into them and they're great :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  2. RT are ironically more expensive here in the UK, even though Pixiwoo are from here, so I always bu them when visiting my sister in America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I don't get that either! This is the reason why I went crazy and bought all the brushes I saw. I regret not buying the expert face brush and the skinny pink brush. I hope to see them again. How cool your sister is in America :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  3. This and the stippling brush has been on my wish list for the longest time. I use blusher a lot so this would be really perfect! Great review!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the stippling brush one day! Winners will deliver to you one day I promise :) Thank you so much lovely

      Lorilee
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love RT. They a great brand to have on hand. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Real Techniques. I did use this brush for about a year before I decided I didn't like how large it was anymore & switched back to my Eco Tools blush brush. It was one of those experiences that taught me that trying different stuff is the best way to figure out what really works best for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to use this brush with my Benefit Hoola blush as that was the main reason I bought it, but I left the blush back in the UK. It's always great to try new things.

      Lorilee
      x

      Delete
  6. Looks like a lovely brush! I gave up on using brushes for my makeup and switched to Beautyblenders only. Sometimes I do miss actually holding a brush to apply my makeup but I'm too much in love with my Beautyblender to go back haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bristles are unbelievably soft. I bought the Real Techniques beauty blender too so I hope that works too :) I feel like that when I use a pen. I haven't used one in a while.

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  7. I've yet to own this brush.. I haven't justified my need for me.. I use the buffing brush for my contour and the stippling brush for my blush...

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't buy the expert face brush or the settling brush as I thought all the other brushes I bought from them would work just as well. It sounds like that they can be used for other things :) I look forward to using this brush more.

      Lorilee
      x

      Delete
  8. I actually didn't like the shape of this brush for blush, it isn't thick enough and I prefer the rounded brush for efficient application. This may be better for bronzer or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this works for me, if not then I will know what to use it for instead :)

      Lorilee x

      Delete
  9. I love Real Techniques brushes! I have been meaning to pick this brush up to give a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so soft and is great :) you should definitely pick one up :)

      Lorilee
      x

      Delete