In blogging

Blogging on the go

This post is about how and where/what I write my blog posts on. I do not mean the topic of my blog posts, but simply what instruments I use to get my blog post idea from my head to the internet. I mostly use my iPad to do this, infact about 99.9% of my blog posts are written on my iPad. I have the large iPad 2. 

I take it everywhere I go as it is light and easily transported. It is also not too bulky to get out on the Metro and open up the blogger app. I do this quite often, opening the blogger app up on the metro and writing a new post for every new idea that pops into my head. I may even start writing it there and then and all I need to do then is take the pictures that go with the post when I get home. 


The blogger app is great as it can be used online and offline. I always make sure that I have updated the blogger app before I leave the house as there is nothing more frustrating than getting on the metro and discovering the post idea you wrote on the blogger app on your phone is not on your iPad. I also use the blogger website to touch up the layout of my blog post. 




My dad bought me this funky little gadget that allows me to plug in my memory card from my camera into my iPad, so I can view any of my wonderful pictures on the go, which also really helps when writing blog posts as you can write the post, take the pictures and upload them straight away. None of this having to download them to my hard drive first and then inserting the image. 


My card reader can only be used on my iPad not my iPhone, but that doesn't bother me as my pictures get updated via my photo stream. Also my card reader only works when I remove my cover on my iPad as the gadget is too big to fit onto the iPad with the cover on. 


I just click ok and it works. If I have a large amount of photos or videos on my memory card my iPad won't recognise it and it won't connect.


Anyway, back to my blog posts and the easy of writing them on the go. Once I have an idea I just run with it, see what develops and use it if it is blog worthy. I know some other bloggers make lists of blog post ideas and tick them off once they have written them. I find it an unnecessary step in the process of blogging. Although I do love new stationary. 

As I have previously questioned is scheduling bad for your blog? I have come to the conclusion that it is a useful tool that is their to aid you in growing your blog and using up time traveling that would be otherwise wasted, by staring into space. Scheduling posts means you don't have to worry about writing a post every day when you can write 3 or 4 in one go, leaving you free to go and visit or buy things you can blog about later. 



Where do you write your blog posts? and get your blog ideas from?

Related Articles

8 comments:

  1. That blogger app is good? I tried to use if a few times and it just didn't work :( Maybe I will give it another go.

    I carry my ipad everywhere as well, I have the Ipad 4 (I think) but it is a bit heavy when your bag is also filled with so many of life's essentials.

    I get my inspiration from the changing seasons, color trends, new collections, fashion, TV, art, film, my family, travel and everyday life. Sometimes I get ideas while I'm tucked away nice and cozy in bed or in the middle of my second shampoo and I have to write them down ASAP. I have a lot of posts scheduled in advance as well.

    I usually write at the dining room table because there is a lot of room to lay everything out. I blog from my office which is more of a photo studio now and even from bed while I'm watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get frustrated with the blogger app as it's not as advanced as the website and trying to use the website on my iPad makes me want to pull my hair out. Sounds like your very organised with your blogging. I write on my sofa or wherever I am when I am out and then take pictures in the freezing cold on my balcony in the snow x

      Delete
  2. Ohh the camera thing is so handy! I had an ipad but never used it much, I just don't like typing on the touchpad, much prefer buttons - laptop girl at heart! But an ipad would be much easier to carry around! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could get one of those keyboard things that attach to the iPad? Yes iPads are so much lighter
      X

      Delete
  3. Wow you're scheduled well in advance! I usually like to schedule enough posts for the week at the weekend to make sure that if something comes up, I don't have to worry about not having a post on a certain day! One issue that I have with the blogger app on my phone is that when I create a new draft on there and save it to add photos in to later, I can't access it from the web! Have you ever found this before?
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I feel like writing posts I go for it and after I have scheduled them all I then seem to run out of seem and not post for a while. That's really annoying when the app does that. I have found that but I can't remember how I fixed it
      Xx

      Delete
  4. this is a good excuse to buy a tablet. I've honestly not justified why I need one yet..

    Arianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first got my iPad I was adiment I did not need it but then I started using it and haven't put it down. You should get one just because you can
      X

      Delete